The club publishes a regular professionally printed newsletter containing a round up of members’ caving trip reports, news, reviews, photos and more. This is currently being produced quarterly and is sent to club members as well as UK and international caving clubs in a publication exchange scheme.
All newsletter issues from year 2000 onwards are available on this website as PDF files, and can be downloaded by volume and issue number using the Newsletter Archive page.
- WKTJ Poznan visit to Whitewalls - Caving trips enjoyed by Polish caving club WKTJ Poznan while staying at Whitewalls with CSS in May.
- New Rope in Pwll Y Gwynt - Fitting of a new SRT rope for climbing Fifth Aven in this interesting and little visited cave.
- Crochan Sion Hopkin Update - An update on the access and digging activities in Crochan Sion Hopkin, a cave with the potential to connect with Remembrance Series in Agen Allwedd.
- The Initials in Scaffold Passage Agen Allwedd - Just who scratched the initials from 1961 in this newly re-discovered passage? The mystery may now be solved.
- Snakes and Ladders - An exciting circuit of Dinorwic Quarry via the many ladders, climbs and abseils of ‘Snakes and Ladders’.
- Llanberis Copper Mine - A trip to Llanberis Copper Mine West, a newly bolted mine with pitches, traverses, formations, Miners' artefacts and adventure.
- Milwr Tunnel - A journey through the mighty Milwr Tunnel to the natural cavern of Powell’s Lode via the many fixed ladders of Rhyd Alyn Lead Mine.
- Croesor – Rhosydd Extended Through Trip - The classic traverse of these two extensive slate mines by boat, abseils, traverses and now even more ziplines via the newly rigged Croesor extensions.
- CSS Meets List - Meets list for club events from October 2023 to January 2024.
- The Ups and Downs of Retirement Life - The Daren camps and mountain climbs enjoyed by Charles Bailey since his retirement.
- 35,000 year old discoveries in Wogan Cavern - New discoveries from an archaeological excavation in Wogan Cavern, the large natural cave beneath Pembroke Castle.
- The Mineshafts Project - Digging and engineering activities in a secret mine location in Somerset.
- Trip to Spaderunner - A trip to the very end of Daren Cilau and back in a day with an exit through Ogof Cnwc.
Previous issues of the CSS Newsletter are available in the archive