CSS Newsletters 2013 - Volume 55
Use the buttons to view or download the PDF version.
Nos. 1-2, January-February 2013
- The Agen Allwedd Album - List of songs with associations with Agen Allwedd.
- Montenegro 2012 - A summary of events and explorations undertaken on the Montenegro 2012 Expedition.
- A Western Mendip Bimble - Caving trips to Loxton Cave, Loxton Quarry Cave, Denny's Hole and Sandy Cave in West Mendip.
- Ogof Craig a Ffynnon - North West Inlet - Trip to the end of North West Inlet in Craig a Ffynnon.
- Dinas Silica Mines - Trip to 3 of the Dinas Silica Mines and some history about the mining there.
- Pottering About on Mendip - Brief write ups of the 32 caving and digging trips undertaken by John Cooper from Nov 2012-Jan 2013.
Nos. 3-4, March-April 2013
- Caves and Global Warming - News of a study where global warming and cooling over the last 500.000 years has been identified by radio isotopic dating of stalagmites in Russia and Mongolia.
- Caving in Devon - A comprehensive list of Devon caves with access information, grid refs and short description. Includes all the well known and popular caves and lots of interesting lesser visited sites.
- Boreham Cave Part 1 - Diving and kit malfunctions in Boreham Cave.
- Ogof Craig a Ffynnon - A CSS evening trip to the wonders of Craig a Ffynnon.
- CSS Dinner - Report from the CSS Annual Dinner 2013.
- Digging in Read's Cavern - Digging at LADS Luck in Read's Cavern with schematic diagram of the system, Steve Milner's account of the dramatic collapse in 1984 and photos past and present.
- Pottering About on Mendip - John Cooper's trip reports from the various caving and digging trips he's undertaken from Jan - March 2013.
Nos. 5-6, May-June 2013
- Are the Mendips about to become a Gas Field? - Report on the possibility of fracking in Mendip and the some of the implications should it occur.
- Operation Tankard - Trip to the high-level series above Chamber 9 in Wookey Hole, and some history of it's discovery in 1970.
- Bill Maxwell - A tribute to Bill Maxwell a founder member of CSS who died March 2013.
- Miss Grace's Lane Cave - An interesting trip to Miss Grace's Lane in the Forest of Dean.
- Daren Cilau, Collapse in Acupuncture Passage - Report of a collapse in Acupuncture Passage in Daren Cilau currently blocking the route to the REU from HRC.
- HSCC Club Trip to Devon - A weekend of visiting some of the more unusual caves of Devon with Hampshire Scouts.
- New Caving Exhibition at Wells and Mendip Museum - Construction of a new caving exhibition in Wells and Mendip Museum.
Nos. 7-8, July-August 2013
- STOP The Mendip Gas Fields - A campaign to inform people of the implications fracking could have on Mendip.
- Montenegro 2013 - Events from the small-scale expedition to search for an over-flow resurgence in Spila Risanska and explore sites discovered but un-descended in the 2012 expedition.
- Any Old Bags Out There? - Details of the clear out of old kit and rubbish at the Hard Rock Café camp in Daren Cilau.
- HSCC Club Trip to Devon - A weekend of visiting some of the more unusual caves of Devon with Hampshire Scouts (reprint).
- Renewed Interest in Pwll Estrys - Surveying, digging and a small breakthrough in Pwll Estrys on the Llangattock escarpment. Includes survey.
- Miss Grace's Lane - An interesting trip to Miss Grace's Lane in the Forest of Dean (reprint).
- CSS Mendip Weekend - Round up trips undertaken and BBQ on the 2013 Mendip Meet.
- Muddy Waters - Dye tracing, hydrology and the mystery of unusually muddy and cloudy water encountered in Agen Allwedd.
- Extracts from the Forum - A medley of trip reports taken from the CSS online message board, including bat count, walking in Yorkshire, Agen Allwedd, Eglwys Faen and Tarddiad Rhymney.
- CO2 Levels in Charterhouse Cave - Analysis of CO2 levels in various parts of the Charterhouse Cave system.
Nos. 9-10, September-October 2013
- An Update on the Caves, Mines and Other Underground Items of Interest on Lundy Island - A special edition of the CSS Newsletter, full of information, photos and surveys of the caves of Lundy Island in the Bristol Channel.
Nos. 11-12, November-December 2013
- Bill Maxwell and the Cave Fauna - Details of Bill Maxwell's activities in the realm of cave biology.
- CSS Golden Oldies Celebrate 50 Years of Whitewalls - The CSS 'Golden Oldies' gather to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Whitewalls. Including photos of the renovation of the cottage in the 60s.
- Ogof Pont Gam - Ogof Nant Rhin - An SRT through-trip from Ogof Pont Gam to Ogof Nant Rhin.
- Sludge Pit Hole - Trip to Sludge Pit Hole in Mendip.
- CSS Curry Meet - Summary of the CSS Curry Night, December 2013.
- Trip to North Wales - Weekend of mountain walking in the Ogwen Valley and a trip to mine near Betws Y Coed.
- Index to Volume 55