CSS Newsletters 2016 - Volume 58
Use the buttons to view or download the PDF version.
Nos. 1-3, January-March 2016
- Tessa Box - Tribute to club member Tessa Box who died March 2016.
- Swan Mine (Kingsdown Quarry) - Trip around Swan Mine, a Bath Stone Mine in Kingsdown with 2 cranes, hoof prints, miner's footprints, old graffiti and other artefacts.
- Agen Allwedd - 29 January 2016 - Trip to investigate various holes in the roof of Main Passage in Agen Allwedd.
- Reservoir Hole - A trip to Skyfall Aven in Reservoir Hole.
- Upper Canada Cave, Hutton - An account of the digging activities at Upper Canada Cave.
- Ogof Craig a Ffynnon - Two very different trips into Craig a Ffynnon, a recent tourist caving trip and reminiscences of an eventful trip when the cave was newly discovered. See Vol 59 Nos 4-6 for full article
- A Magical Mystery Tour in OFD I - A tour of some of the lesser visited routes in OFD 1.
- CSS Goes All refined - The First Whitewalls Wine and Cheese Party - The CSS February Meet Wine and Cheese Party.
- Obituaries - Obituaries to Ron Sargent (died Oct 2015), George Neal (died Dec 2015) and Charlie Self (died Feb 2016).
Nos. 4-6, April-June 2016
- To The End Of Wigmore With Only A Soggy Bottom - A trip to Wigmore 10 via the newly discovered dry route dug from Home Close Hole.
- The New Club Website - The development of the new CSS website.
- Tween Twins Hole, alias Fester Dig - Trip to this newly discovered cave in Burrington Combe.
- Reservoir Hole - The results from a sample of stalagmite taken from Reservoir Hole.
- Jiuxing Scenic Area - Visit to an impressive showcave and canyon in the Jiuxing Scenic area, China.
- CSS Evening Trip to the Silica Mines - Trip to the Dinas Silica Mines in the Sychrd Gorge.
- Yorkshire Easter 2016 - With a trip into Short Drop Cave and out Gavel Pot, down Cow Pot and out Lancaster Hole, Mistral Hole and Washfold Pot.
- The Upper Hand - A trip to Neverland a well decorated part of Upper Flood Swallet, Mendip.
Nos. 7-9, July-September 2016
- Eurospeleo 2016 Caving Camps - Summary of the Whitewalls Speleocamps which ran for the week before and after Eurospeleo 2016 this year held in the Yorkshire Dales.
- CSS Golden Oldies Meet Report - The 2016 CSS Golden Oldies annual social gathering with dinner and walks.
- Ogof Ffynnon Ddu - A trip around the environs of Top Entrance in OFD II.
- Swildon's Hole - Trip to Sump 1 and back in Swildon's Hole, Mendip.
- Ogof Craig a Ffynnon - Two very different trips into Craig a Ffynnon, a recent tourist caving trip and reminiscences of an eventful trip when the cave was newly discovered.
- Pwll Dwfn - An SRT trip to the bottom of Pwll Dwfn.
- A Not-Caving Trip: Ibbeth Peril II - High water at Ibbeth Peril II entrance.
- Daren Cilau Joint 100th Birthday Bash - Report from the August Hard Rock Café camp where Mandy and Gonzo celebrated their 100th birthday.
- Vurley Dig - Summer 2016 - Update of the Vurley Swallet dig in Mendip.
Nos. 10-12, October-December 2016
- A Blast from the Past - CSS 1960s - Recollections of CSS's first foray into potholing in the 60s, with trips to Pwll Dwfn, Eastwater Cavern, Bull Pot and Yugoslavia.
- Simpson's Pot - A pull-through trip from Simpson's Pot to Valley Entrance in the Yorkshire Dales.
- Digging Projects in Daren Cilau - Digging projects being undertaken by the Hard Rock Café based Daren digging team.
- Rimstone Revisited - Surveying Rimstone Passage, a high level route above Turkey Streamway in Agen Allwedd. Survey included.
- Two Autumn Away Weekends - With trips to Baker's Pit and Afton Red Rift in Devon, and an Oxlow/Maskhill exchange and Water Icicle Close Cavern in Derbyshire.
- Vurley Dig Update - Digging at Vurley Swallet and the effects of the flooding at Cheddar Gorge.
- Buckingham Mine - Buckingham Mine, trips done there in the past and future digging potential.
- Castlemartin Range West - Information of access arrangements to Castlemartin Range West and a proposed project to find new caves.
- Draethen Lead Mines - Access arrangements, research, visitor counter results, bat observations, survey and other useful information about this old Roman and Victorian lead mine.
- Comings and Goings Off Mendip - Discovery of an undescended shaft near the site Jackdaw Cave (now destroyed).
- Daren Cilau - Ogof Cnwc - Photographic through trip entering Cnwc and exiting Daren, with photos by Rainer Straub.
- Nantymwyn Lead Mines - A journey around the various adits of the Nantymwyn Lead Mines in Rhandirmwyn.
- Index to Volume 58